Meat

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sustained with Raisins

Sustain me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am sick with love. ( Song of Songs 2:5 )

How are raisins formed? Jesus Said,

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. ( John 15:4 )

So after a branch abides in the vine, and produced fruit, and then if it loses connection with the vine it becomes dry. The fruit becomes raisins. No more it has the power to give life to those who eat it, but the scripture says the raisins can sustain people. There may be times when you have lost connection from the true vine Jesus and your top most priority then should be to get re-attached to the vine. But even the raisins you have can sustain people around you so don't refrain from giving a helping hand to those who are troubled around you in those times.

Prayer: Dear Lord, sustain me even if it is with raisins during my troubled times and help me sustain others even during the time I am reduced to possess only raisins.